Saturday, September 1, 2012

Can't believe it's been over a week

Today was a day off from training, I still got up relatively early at relaxed and had breakfast and chilled on the couch. Eventually Katie woke up and we hung out and she worked on stuff for the first floor bulletin board. At noon I wash a bunch of the RLTs T-Shirts, and Liz had come over and she brought us Starbucks, which was very nice of her. We then went a set up the first floor bulletin board all together and I switched the T-shirts into the dryer and learned that first floor dryers suck and that I will likely not be doing laundry on my floor as the machines suck more than usual and it is all the way at the end of the hallway. Liz had to leave just before two, and after she left Katie and I went to go put up the door decorations on the floor and we delivered the welcome messages along with little packages of goldfish, many of the first floor residents are already moved in, even though technically tomorrow is move in. The door decs look really good and I was glad that we were done by around 3, and then Katie and I took some time to clean up our room, as it was a tad messy, scraps of paper were everywhere and I was really glad to get it tidied up. After that Katie abandoned me to go visit Kris, and I just hung out by myself and watched tv for a bit. I also took the time to call my mom and my dad, but my dad didn't answer. I found out from my mom that my granny is out of the hospital, which was a nice thing to hear, she had been in the hospital with an infection and I know it was stressing my mom out, and was very relived to hear that she is out of the hospital and doing better. After that I made dinner, I cooked up potatoes and broccoli and some salmon with a ginger line sauce, and it was pretty delicious, and I have lots of leftovers, which is good. After that I painted my nails, and I was super anal about it, it was also super time consuming, and while they were drying I watched more TV, and when I thought that they were dry enough I went to go put away my leftovers, but sadly I mucked up my nails, which was sad, I hate when my nails get nicked and such. I think now that it has been like 3 hours they should be at the point where they should not be damaged super easily...I hope. Katie came back from Kris' at around 7ish, and at almost the exact same time my dad called me to let me know that he has mailed off my teddy bear, and was also sending me my proof of insurance so I can opt out of the student health and dental plan which will save me about $200, which is important. Katie and I then spent a bit of time planning out the floor meeting that has to be done tomorrow, and then Lindsey came over to visit and is still here, and we are catching up on life which is nice. I will be heading to bed soon, as tomorrow will be a long day and a busy day. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment