Sunday, September 2, 2012

Move in!!

Today has been a very long day.
I was up at 7, and had to meet up with all the RAs to get debriefed on how move in would go. I technically didn't have a shift from 8-10 but I ended up helping Katie and nikolina with signing in people and giving out keys and then eventually I drifted outside.

From 10-12 I was supposed to be stationed outside of neyoh and that was a tad dull, I socialize with Rez council and they were selling this years t-shirts and they are not too bad this year. I ate a lot of free food today

From 12-2 I didn't technically have a job so I played frisbee, and socialized and eventually drifted over to the BBQ and started my shift early on the grill and I became the grill master, I was the best a hot dogs and veggie burgers but for some reason I think my grill just didn't like beef burgers, they didn't cool well on my original grill but as time went by we shut off the one of the grills and worked on just one grill.
We had do much extra food, we froze 4 boxes of hot dogs and 3 of burgers, but we did cook all the veggies burgers.
I started my official BBQ shift at 4.
It was a good time, listening to music and dancing with BBQ tongs.
Things started to slow down after four o'clock

We spent a lot of time putting things down. And I was dying down a bit my head was killing me and the day was not over yet we still had the floor meeting.

At 7 Katie and I walked the first floors down to the school and gave them the low down on how things will work in res this year and our floor seems to be okay, they listened for the most part and asked questions and such and I think the meeting went well, I didn't say much but it is Katie's floor not mine and I don't want to step on any toes.

After the meeting I had to assist a resident that has locked himself out :( at this point I had lost Katie and ended up heading back down to the school with Fabris and Sam and we raided the food at the parent welcome, it was so good, I wish I could have taken all the leftovers home but they are quite strict about not taking the food home, even though the leftovers just get thrown away.
I may have stolen a wedge of cheese and frantically ran off with it, but I was good and I didn't take the plate.

I got back to my room, and my hands smell
Of smoked salmon from all of it that I ate at parent welcome (random fact)
I hung out with Katie and met kris' sisters jesse who is at unbc this year and lives in keyoh, she is tall like kris and seems friendly.

I plan on going to bed soon as I am tired and I still have a headache. I feel kind is bad for Katie as I know she is drained too and she is on call tonight and will probably be up multiple times to let late arrivals in :( poor Katie
At least tomorrow should be more relaxed than today.


Feeling a bit homesick, here's hoping that goes away

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment