Monday, September 3, 2012

I need school to start

Today was not a super eventful day, the most exciting thing I did was get attacked by a popcorn machine, but I will get to that later. I tried to sleep in which resulted in me getting out of bed around 8, and having my usual tea and toast, and I chatted with Katie, and I started to realize how bored I am. I need things to do, I need a routine, I need the gym, and I hope that I can get into the swing of this soon. Classes start on Wednesday and I can hardly wait. I feel like all I do it eat and sit, and feel lonely :( After much over eating and feeling bored and lonesome, I decided to make some vegetarian chili, which turned out to be quite good. At around 2, Katie and I took the First Floors down to the school for Rez Orientation which is basically a bunch of different presentations that were given by the green RAs, student advising, the chaplaincy, The Academic skills center etc. I didnt really need to be there but I felt obligated to go. I did end up leaving early as I was concerned about my chili in the slow cooker. Luckily it was fine when I checked on it. After a chili check I was asking Morganne about the popcorn machine for the movie night that Levi and I were putting on tonight, and she was in need of help in finding the popcorn in Nugss, so I went down to help her and we found none and she ended up having to get someone to come up to the school to help us, his name was Matt (i think) and he picked up some popcorn on his way up as he was not sure if any was left. We then had the machine and the popcorn, all that we needed for the night. I went back up to Rez to have dinner and to be productive for awhile. I worked on a pamphlet that I am making on Tips for a successful semester and so far it is looking good, I only have 3 more sections to write out. At 7:30 I met up with Morganne to get the popcorn machine to where it needed to go, and levi met us down there and we had one hell of a time. The popcorn machine is kind of old, and none of us knew the proper way to do it or the best way to do it, so we kind of winged it, which resulted in much screaming and grease burns, I even had some spatter in my face which sucked, Levi burnt his hand a bit as did Morganne, but I guess we did entertain the residents who showed up before all the popcorn was made. After the making of the popcorn, without setting off the fire alarm we then had another issue and that was getting the projectors turned on. Levi called Jenn who was able to help us get the projectors going. But the issues were not over, we had sound trouble in the room that I was in, the sound on the dvd player to work and ended up just playing the movie through the computer which worked out to be okay and everyone was really nice about the technical difficulties that were being had. There was also a bigger turn out than I was expecting and I think they all enjoyed watching Megamind. The other movie that eneded up being shown was Zoolander, which is an awesome movie. I had planned on working on my pamphlet while watching the movie, but sadly I brought all I needed except for a pen so I had no choice but to enjoy the movie, poor me. After the movie I had the grueling task of cleaning the nasty popcorn maker, I'm sure Levi would have helped but he is on call and he had to do rounds and I couldnt stand the nasty butter smell and thus cleaned it. It was a challenge to clean and it is still not 100% clean but I am done trying to clean it for the night, I smell of artificial butter and salt, It's gross. All the more reason to dislike popcorn. I will go to bed soonish. Katie went to go hang out with Adam and Kris and Morganne etc, I was invited but needed to clean the machine. I think that Katie will be going to Kris' after which means a lonely night for me. here's hoping that I don't freak myself out. Tomorrow The plan is to give tours from 1-2 and to go shopping with Katie at some point, other than that it will be another boring day, with me not doing much but sitting on my butt eating things I shouldnt eat. Kristy and I started a "fitness" competition on September 1st and so far, I'm really not doing well I need to get my shit together. Soon I will be off to bed, I hope Rez is quiet enough for me to get a good night's sleep. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment