Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Getting it done early

So, I have some time, and I dont want to be productive, so I will do this now. My day today was alright, I stayed in bed till just before 8, and then had breakfast and took the on-call phone for Katie as she had an early class. At around 8:30 I took the phone to the housing office and I went to go talk with Jenn about some programming stuff, I am having a planet earth Movie Night next Tuesday, where we will watch planet earth and then hopefully discuss conservation issues, or at least that is the plan, I don't know how many people will show, but I hope not too many as I am having the event in mine and Katie's room, which will fill up fast, so hopefully if many people come they will not mind getting cozy. After chatting with Jenn and such I went back to my room and worked on my to-do list for the day, and as I was doing so a note got slipped under our door, and it informed us that there was a mouse/shrew running about on the first floor, going in and out of rooms, when Katie got back from class I told her what was up and she was not impressed. We both went to leave, me to go to class, and Katie to go inform the housing office about the mouse and as Katie opened the door she screamed, jumped back into the room and somewhat demolished our little shelf, at this time I burst out laughing and opened the door to find the tiny little mouse/shrew on the floor and it scurried into the housing office. I laughed all the way down to the school, Katie was not pleased. I found out later that the mouse was caught on sticky paper and was sadly killed :( *Moment of silence for cute baby mouse/shrew* My classes today went okay, though by the time I got to my pop and com class I was tired, like closing my eyes in the lecture tired, but I pushed through. I went back up to res, and got my posters approved, and picked up the on call phone as I am on call today, yaya! Katie and I hung out for a bit and then she helped me distribute my pamphlets to Neyoh, I will do Keyoh later, I also put up my posters in Neyoh, Keyoh will be done later. We hung out and had dinner, and I got a call about a plugged toilet, which I assumed they were able to fix by plunging it, as I did not hear back from them. I had Taco salad for dinner, and Katie and I watched an episode of weeds, and we made snacks for the floor meeting that Katie was hosting at 7, she made popcorn. While this was occurring Liz and Jeremy showed up to drop off the keys to their place as they are heading home to the lowermainland, they were supposed to be going down this weekend, but sadly Liz's dad had a stroke last night, so they left today so she can be there for her family, I am sending out good vibes, and I hope they have a safe drive down to the lowermainland. Katie and I had the floor meeting and it went well, at around 9 I am going to go to early rounds, and then I am heading up to Keyoh to distribute pamphlet and to put up posters, and then at 9:30 there is the res council meeting so I might as well go to that. The rest of my night after that will hopefully be spent studying for my geography of Canada Quiz that I have in a week, until I do rounds at 11 with Susan, and then I can go to bed, which I am looking forward to. On another note, I forgot to mention that yesterday I must have danced a little to hard at groove as my back is killing me, I think I made have gotten to into the chest pops or something, I hope it feels better tomorrow as it is rather uncomfortable. Anyways I guess that is all there is to say thus far. I hope the rest of my night is quiet. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment