Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of my Last Year

It has begun, my last year of my degree started today, and strangely enough 2/3 classes that I had today were Geography, not Biology. I was up at 7:30, even though I didnt have class until 10, I had a relaxing morning,ate breakfast, took a shower etc. etc, I finally went down to the school just after 9:30 because I was hoping to be able to sell a textbook that I have, sadly it resulted in me just lugging the text around unnecessarily. My First class was geography of Canada, with a prof who has not ever taught before, but he seems like a cool guy, and the course seems like it will be an okay class, though it will take some time for sure, hopefully I can stay on top of things. After that I had yet another geography class, which is now called Society and Space, but it was formerly Social Geography, it's a Jim Windsor class, who is like the most famous of all the geography profs. The class seems okay, though I am worried about the term paper, as I am not used to writing papers in which I express feelings, it should be interesting to do. I had one more class, and it was my first Biology class of the semester, It was population and community Ecology and just before the class started I got a bunch of frantic texts about the popcorn machine that had not been returned yet and apparently someone else had rented it and they needed it by 2, but I was in class until 2:20, so I freaked out a bit and then got Katie to bring it down for me, because she is awesome. My class was okay, it was a bit dull, but hopefully it will be more interesting as time goes on and if I dont have to deal with the stress of popcorn machines. After class it was back to Rez, to find Katie and Liz hanging out in our room and Liz was making soup, that may have boiled over. Liz left to go to her Cello lesson, and Katie and I went to go pick up Kris and then we went to the mall. I ended up buying some tissue paper and a mini stapler, and spent a total of 6$. Liz ended up meeting up with us because sadly she got the time wrong for her Cello lesson and missed it :( We wandered a bit and then left the mall and went back to Rez, and I made dinner, which consisted of Turkey Sausages, an egg and toast, oh and strawberries, and the possibly some ice cream and then maybe some goldfish crackers....today has not been a good day in terms of me eating well. Liz went to her next class, and Katie and I hung out and then went and dropped off some forms to all the residents on our floor, and while we were doing that Liz came back Oh I also managed to fix a stove for some residents, go me! After that Liz, Katie and I , well actually just Liz and I because Katie got a phone call from her mom, ate cake ( I know more bad eating :( ) Adam came over for a visit which is nice, he lives in Keyoh now, so visits will be less frequent which makes me sad. I miss third floor and I miss having Adam on the same floor as me :( I'm still feeling kind of lonesome, and I am not sure as to why, I hope that as I get more into my classes and going to the gym and such that it will become less apparent. I'll probably go to bed in the next hour or so. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment