Friday, August 31, 2012

Final Day of Training

Today was the final day of RA training, and it was a day in which we were allowed to sleep in. The day did not start until 9:30, which was kind of nice. We went over the events that will be happening in the next few days, and then we discussed consistency, which I think we a helpful thing, we were able to work out some of the grey areas in terms of certain policies so that we would all be doing things the same. After that we had lunch and Katie had to stay behind for a moment which left me with out my safety net for gotcha, and I had a bad feeling, Daniel and Lee, were lurking by my door, so i ran back to be with people where I would be safe, but eventually I had to go back to my room and I knew that one of them was around and as soon as I went to unlock the door, and Daniel Got me :( I was killed at my doorstep. I was so upset, and I texted Katie to let her know that I had been killed and that I could no longer keep her safe. I had a yummy lunch of leftovers, and then we met in Keyoh to go over documentation which seems to be pretty straight forward, though I think that writing up incident reports is going to really suck, due to how formally they have to be written, though I do understand why they have to be done that way. After documentation we were did On-Call role playing, which was the part of training that I was least looking forward to. I was worried that I wouldnt be able to take it seriously and that it would be super hard, but that wasn't the case. It was very helpful and the team gave constructive feedback, all in all I think it was a great learning experience and I think it will be helpful for when I am actually On-Call. After that training was done, we had a little De-brief and then we all broke apart to get ready for the team dinner. Katie and I decorated our door, and it looks really good and cute. we then got ready together and looked all nice, and then as we were leaving to go meet the rest of the team Katie was killed on our doorstep by Lee :( It was a sad way to start off the evening. The team met outside and everyone was looking snazzy in their fancy clothes. Jenn was a tad late, but while we were waiting we go some fancy head shots taken. Once everyone was ready to go, we broke off into cars and went out to hummus brothers for dinner, and there was so many people at dinner, it was a little ridiculous. Dinner was pretty good though, Morganne and I split crab dip and calamari to start, and then I had the butter chicken for dinner, which was soso. The appetizers were way better, I think my problem is that I am too used to the butter chicken I get at home and nothing up here in Prince George can seem to match it. After a very long and loud dinner Katie, Susan and I went to save on and picked up a few things, I went needed nothing and ended up with goldfish crackers and triscuts, oops. We then grabbed him a warm beverage from second cup and went back to rez. My plans for the night are to relax, and hit the hay early. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment