Monday, August 27, 2012

It's been awhile

So, I came back to prince George on Friday and quite frankly forgot to start writing in my blog, but that's okay because I did nothing school related on the weekend other than unpacking

Today marks the first day of RLT training and the start of my blogging for my last year of university.

I should probably start off with a recap of my summer.
In may, I went on an Alaskan cruise with Dan and his friends and it was not really my thing, really expensive and I think I would have enjoyed a different vacation Much more.
Shortly after that, Dan and I broke up, which I think is for the best.

I spent the rest of my summer working, mostly 7 days a week, I ended up working 87/98 days and two of my days off were sick days, all in all a really boring summer, the upside is that I got three references and a job offer for next summer if I want it, though I don't know if I can handle another summer monitoring potato fields.


And now into the now or at least closer to now. I worked up until last Wednesday and had the Thursday off to get my stuff together and my dad Oliver and I left early Friday morning and drove up to prince George. It was a good drive, we moved all the stuff out of the car and put of storage, which didn't take long, the Saturday was spent shopping for groceries with my dad and then he and Oliver left early that afternoon and I was left to unpack, and Katie moved in that day too.

The rest of the weekend was spent unpacking and catching up.

Today marked the dirt day of RA training, and it was good, we have a new RLC named Jenn who has only been in PG for two weeks so she is more new than I am. It was a relaxed day with fun team building games, my least favorite was Lego timberwolf where we had ti build a Lego structure in teams without talking and only one team member could look at the structure at a time, I mainly didnt like it because some of the pieces were missing from the bag that we were given.



Today we also learned that as RAs we will have the privilege of being able to drive the universities Nissan leaf on weekends ( as long as we have a clean driving record etc) which I am so excited about, I really want to drive it and see what a fully electric car is like.

We had a team lunch consisting of pitas and some of us chilled outside in the sun and played frisbee and listened to music thanks to Becky and Levi on the ukulele and guitar respectively.

After lunch we learned about mediation which was good and then we had a long dinner break, so long that I didn't even know what to do with myself.

After dinner we broke into teams and had to make an infomercial using a bag of random items and it was fun, I ended up building a cat and squirrel out of Lego and I was allowed to keep them as pets, which is exciting.

The training is done for the day and I plan to go to bed early as we will be having another long day tomorrow and I have to look nice tomorrow because we are getting our mug shots done


I think that about sums things up

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment