Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tonight marks one week of house sitting.

Tonight is night 7, one week down, just under two weeks to go. Today was an interest class, I was up at 1, to let the cat inside and then managed to stay in bed until 7 when the dogs wanted to go outside to pee, then I went back to bed until 8, I am really failing at the trying to sleep in thing. I had breakfast, fed the dogs, let the dogs out to pee and all that important morning stuff, and then I brought some more wood in, warmed up the car and was off to class. I only had one class today, my plant ecology lecture and lab were cancelled because of the Natural Resource Management Career Fair, Elaine and I checked out the career fair and were disappointed to find out that they were mostly looking for forestry students, which was unfortunate. Elaine and I also went to see Chris Johnson to get some stats help with our plant Eco lab, ironic since he is not the prof for that class, but Juan Carlos is not helpful so we had to ask someone, and its looking like we have a lot to do :( So much messing with stats to get our results :( I am not looking forward to it. After the meeting we took advantage of the free pizza, and then Elaine joined me in the lab and I went through one nest worth of dust, but teh scale had a low battery so I only did the one nest :(, so close, only 4 more nests worth of dust are left, Just need to figure out the battery thing with the scale. After the time in the lab, I tried to contact parking services about the ticket I received yesterday and I had little luck until I came back to the house and got an email about it and the guy is going to look into it for me and hopefully it will all be sorted out soon. I got back to the house earlier than normal, just after 3, I sent out emails, looked for jobs, worked on my social geography paper on gay space, and then eventually I put in a movie and made spring rolls for dinner, not the healthiest dinner option they were yummy though my tummy is hating me a bit right now. I watched Robots and then watched she's out of my league and realistically I will be going to bed soon, I have to be up at the Uni for my 8am lab tomorrow. I had a nice chat with my dad and with my mom this evening, separately obviously. I am excited to go home, less than a month, and I can hardly wait, I get a break from my school life which will be nice and before I know it I will be starting my last semester of my degree which is a bit scary, hoping I can handle the real world, and I will have to start looking for really work and becoming a real person, it's a scary thought. I have no idea if I'm ready, I'm very comfortable in my school world, and I am worried that I wont be able to find work which would suck, looking at jobs today made me realize that most of the jobs out there require experience, but how does one get that experience if they aren't given a chance? I'm not just waiting for Kenny to come in so that I can go to bed, and hope that I can sleep without thinking too much about my future and where I am going in life, tough questions that no one wants to answer.... Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment