Saturday, November 17, 2012

First Saturday Night On Call

SO today I'm on call, which means I have to be on res I came up from the house at about 9, but didn't actually get the on call phone until 1:30 as Lee slept in and that is cool with me. I worked on my gay space paper for a bit while watching netflix, but after a while I got distracted by some yarn I have picked up from the reciprocity shelf and started knitting. I decided to make a toque, with this really cool fluffy yarn as a border and then pink yarn on the top as it went with the fluffy yarn. I got a decent way into it, and then at 4 I had to go check on the dogs and Katie was an awesome roommate and watched the phone for me. The dogs were so confused, I was there so quickly, they got dinner early and the cats were not happy that I would not let them out. I got back up to res by 5 and katie was not here,I worried that she had gotten a call while I was gone, but it turns out she had just gone down to the school to visit Kallie. She eventually brought back the phone and I made dinner, watched phineas and ferb, did more knitting, worked on my paper a bit more, printer out a bunch of stuff and eventually I actually finished my toque, and I even went as far as to make a pompom for the top of it :) It's so cute and actually fits my head! I should make toques more often, it was pretty quick to make Instead of starting another toque I decided to start a striped blanket with more yarn that I had picked up from the reciprocity shelf, but the yarn is so fine that it's going to take quite awhile to get it done. at 9:30 I went over to keyoh to meet up with Susan to do rounds, and I told her that it was my first weekend and that I was a bit nervous. We walked through keyoh and there was nothing, no music, no parties, nada. Neyoh was the same and we decided that we would probably be able to do 11pm rounds on our own, which obviously I am nervous to do, but hopefully things will still be quiet for the most part and that it will be an easy Saturday *knock wood* I figured I would get this entry done before my rounds so I can go to bed when I am done, unless of course something crazy happens and I need to add to this later, but for now that basically sums up my day, lots of knitting Oh, oh, and 27 sleeps until home! So Excited, I'm homesick since I didnt go home in September, October or November, I havent been home since the end of august, that will be almost 4 months by the time I actually get home, crazy Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment