Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Today was kinda a scary day...

This morning I woke up feeling pretty good, and I lounge around doing nothing of importance until O Chem. And oh on the way down to O chem I bought the tickets for the jump off. Erica, Kallie, Katy and I are all going this Saturday along with a bunch of other people, Its gunna be a girls night and it's going to be awesome!

The after O chem I did some math homework and some O Chem homework, and then I got bored with school and I knit until plant Bio, and I sadly almost fell asleep in it, and after plant Bio Katy and I were going to donate blood and Adam drove us down because Adam is awesome.

And an interesting thing happened when were giving blood. So I was all hooked up and giving blood and Katy was across from me getting hooked up and then all of a sudden she said she started feeling sick so all of a sudden everyone rushed over to her and they tipped her chair back and placed cold towels on he head and wrists and everywhere and I was kinda concerned but then she was okay and things were going good.

Then my bag was filled in my record time of 8 minutes. and on a side note one guy next to me did his in 4 minutes, It was crazy. Anyways back to the story, so they took my needle out and I was holding the gauze on my arm and I was sitting there and then all of a sudden I started feeling a little nauseous, but I thought it would go away so I didn't say anything, eventually I reached a point when I thought I was going to throw up everywhere. So I finally said. "Umm excuse me, but I'm starting to feel a little nauseous" and then everyone rushed over to me and they tilted my chair back and they placed cold cloths on my wrists, neck, chest and head and they were talking to me and telling me to keep my eyes open which was so hard and I wanted to curl my legs up but they wouldn't let me, and I started feeling worse and they just kept telling me to stay awake and that I was going to be fine and that the feeling would go away, I thought it was never going to go away, but slowly I began to feel better and then they left me with the cool cloths. And I'm not going to lie, it was kind of scary, I've never been in shock, I've never passed out or even come close to it and it's a scary thing. After I started feeling better they told me that sometimes seeing a friend go into shock can cause it to happen to you and that made me feel a little better, but it was kind of embarrassing. And i wasn't allowed to get up for a very very long time, like I was finished giving blood way before Fabris was yet I had to stay there forever. And then when I was finally allowed to sit up they told me like 7 times that next time i needed to let them know I was feeling nauseous the instant it happens, rather than me being stupid and waiting to tell them. Then we sat a little while longer and then we left and I still wasn't feeling good, but Adam was awesome and he carried our bags for us.

Then once back at Rez we made perogies, and i've basically just been sitting around because I'm still not feeling well. But I will take this opportunity to say that I will give blood again even though I have now had a bad experience.

And I learned the awesomeness of facebook, I changed my status to "Chanel Namacoola Lewis almost passed out" and then in less than 5 minutes my phone rings and it was my Daddy who was concerned about my health and then I had to tell him the story and now I'm just chilling with a bunch of people in the living room and I'm writing in my blog early because I don't know how long I will stay up tonight and I wanted to make sure the passing out story was told.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment