Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back to class, the long weekend is over

Where did the long weekend go? I swear only yesterday it was friday, turns out it's now Tuesday I was up at 7, and got ready and went to my pop and com tutorial early to go over ildlife Ecology some more before my midterm at 9:30. The tutorial went okay, and then it was time for my midterm and I was not feeling awesome about it, but there was nothing I could do, it was time to write the exam It was what I expected, I think I got anywhere between 69-82%ish on the test which is quite a range, apparently she will have them back to us on Thursday so I will know soon enough how I did on it. After that I had plant Ecology and we spent the class going over our expectations for the critiques that we have to do in the weeks to come. After class I went to Groove with Elaine from 12-1 and then we went to ask our pop and com prof some questions about the assignment that is due tomorrow and it turns out we were over thinking the question, which was making it far more difficult that it needed to be. After that I went and worked on the assignment and Katie and I cleaned out room which was a good thing to do, things were getting a bit gross, we needed to vacuum and such and we got it all done and now our place is nice and clean, YAY! At 3:30 I met with Fabris and Taylor to review for our society and space midterm tomorrow and I am not too worries about it, I will probably go over my notes one more time and then just go for it, I dont think it will be too bad, I find the class interesting and seem to be retaining the material necessary. We only studied until 4:30 and then I went back to res and made myself an open faced hot turkey sandwich and some crispy turkey skin, super delicious but super bad for me. Katie and Kris came home and started making pizzas for dinner and Elaine came over so we could go over the pop and com assignment one last time. After dinner Katie and I made a healthy eating bulletin board in under and hour and it turned out okay, we also distributed the compost buckets. There is a compost Audit happening in res so see how much compost is produced by res so they can upgrade the compost system and implement composting in res permanently, which would be awesome, sadly I wont be in res to see it happen but I get to plat a small role in actively participating in the Audit. Liz and Jeremy came over and we ended up playing two games of settler, Jeremy won one and I won the other :) I am getting better at actually winning at settlers. Then all four left me, Liz and Jeremy went home and Katie and Kris went down to Kris'. So I get to be all alone once again, and Katie is leaving this weekend too :( her and Kris are going to vanderhoof. I was planning on getting up early tomorrow to go and do nests, but I havent been sleeping well, and I think I'm going to try and sleep in a bit, and hopefully feel less tired and less stressed and I can save the nest for the afternoon since I am done at 2:20 tomorrow, which means I should be able to do one nest and still make it home to have dinner and a reasonable time. I am still feeling very stressed about things, I have a lot to do this semester, I have nests to go through, sex ed to plan, two midterms to write, two assignments to do all just in this week alone. I also still have no idea what I am doing after I graduate, I think I am going to apply for an internship at the Crittercare center in langley because I think that would be an awesome experience and that I would learn a lot. I really dont even know how to go about figuring what to do after I graduate, and I do realize that I have time, I don't need to be in a career as soon as I am done school, but part of me feels like I have to. I guess I have trouble accepting that even if I don't know what I am doing with my degree, at least I have one and I have options and things to try and experience, I could be in a far worse position, i could still be working my highschool job, and have little job prospects in my future, so things could be worse. Along with being stressed, I'm also a bit lonely, like I'm always the third wheel or the fifth wheel or sometimes I feel like I'm a Unicycle, like now, feels good to let it out, and I think I need to go to bed and try and get a good nights sleep, I really hope I dont wake up randomly throughout the night, I just need to Relax! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment