Saturday, October 13, 2012

A somewhat productive Saturday

I set no alarm for this morning, but i woke up at 8:30 for no reason and got out of bed at around 10, I made breakfast and some pumpkin chai tea which I really enjoyed and then I began working on my Society and Space term paper proposal and I got a rough version of it completed which is good considering the proposal isn't due for over a week. Katie left me...again.... :( to go to Vanderhoof with Kris I then got to work on my canada Journal, I still need to write two pages for this week so I got that done, I am now up to 16 pages which is a good place for me to be considering we need to hand it in for the midterm review in just over a week, which means I should be at 18 pages by then which is good, it has to be a minimum of 25 pages when we hand the final copy in at the end of November. After working on that I procrastinated a bit, and had some lunch etc. At around 2:20 I went down to the lab to see if I could do a nest, but the lab was occupied so I had to come back later. Once back in res I planned out RA stuff, poster series and programs and such, I have things planned for this semester and even part of next semester, I feel like I am in a good place in terms programming and planning and such. I also have a meeting with Jenn on Tuesday to discuss my December/late November program which will be something like are you smarter than a 5th grader. Oh also I was trying to work out how to get the money from my Undergraduate research award, I need to fill out a form, but I dont know where this form is or how to go about getting it, hopefully I get that sorted out so I can start getting paid :) I also started filling out an application for an internship at the Critter Care Center in Langley, that is due in November so it's good that I am getting a head start on it now. I just need to get a reference and a reference letter. I killed time by doing RA planning and then made myself some dinner, potato wedges and a turkey burger, yum, and then after dinner and a cup of tea I went down to the school to do a nest and I managed to finish the nest in about an hour and half which is good, I think I am getting quicker at going through the dust looking for fleas, I find that the fleas stand out more to me now. I called my dad when I was leaving the lab because the building is creepy after dark, we had a nice chat. I let him know that I wanted setters of Catan for christmas and I asked him what he wanted. I know that it is only october but I figure it's better to think of these things earlier rather than later. After talking with my dad I didnt do much, watched tv, and relaxed, I'll probably go to bed soon, maybe make some warm milk and wind down for the evening. I need to have aproductive day tomorrow. I need to go a nest and study for my lab exam that I have friday, and also start studying for my pop and com midterm that I have a week from wednesday and maybe if I have the also work on my plant ecology critique with Elaine. Well I guess that's all. Another lonely night for me, Katie is spending the night in Vanderhoof and should be back tomorrow. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment