Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today I will not forget

This morning I was up early for a Saturday because Today was the day of Carousel. And for those who don't know Carousel is the interviewing process that you have to go through in order to become and RA.

After breakfast. Courtenay, Morganne, Liz and I walked down together as we had all applied.
We broke off into groups and had to go about doing activities as a group

Activity one was a Day in the Life
Basically we had to prioritize and organize our day
It was a fun activity, but when we were presenting one girl in my group talked over everyone and didn't give everyone an equal chance to explain why we had organized our day in such a way and this was rather bothersome.

But The Day Continued

Activity two was desert island
We had to pick 6 things from a list that we would want to have and prioritize them.
We picked, a knife, flint, rope, ponchos, a bucket and penicillin.
And then we had to do an interpretive dance relating to what we would bring


The Day Continued

Activity three was a programming event
We had to plan an event centered around an issue relating to minorities and such, it was the most serious of all events.


The Day Continued

Activity four was a true colours personality test
This was cool, it was a micro version of the real True Colours personality test, but i learned that I was a tie between Orange and Green, but Blue and Gold were close behind, my scores were 14,14,11,11.


After the activities we had to have a one on one interview with Rob an a returner chat with two returning RAs

Both of these went well for me, so overall a good experience, and I will find out on the 11th of February if I get it, so until then, my life is kind of up in the air.

After all that Morganne Liz and I went to Walmart and we met up with Darrin and Scott and Kealy and Courtenay at McDonalds For lunch.

Then we did some grocery shopping and Morganne Liz and I spent soo much time in walmart, but it was sooo much fun :) I spent too much money, but that's okay.

After Walmart we went for Pho with Katy, Tara and Julia and It was delicious and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, which is awesome. Then we cam back to rez and watched How to Train Your Dragon. I love that movie.

Thanks Dan for giving it to me. Speaking of Dan, I really hate not being able to text him, it makes me kinda sad, I have things I want to say, but I can't.

Interms of general life, I'm feeling soso, I have moments when I feel good, and moments when I feel really annoyed and frustrated with life and people....

Anyways, I'm stoked that ERICA is coming next week. I miss that Girl soooo very much. I am also stoked that in 2 weeks I'll be home for a week. I need it, I really do. Anyways I've had a long day and I think I want to curl up in bed.


Night

No comments:

Post a Comment