Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Never say never.....

So this morning when I woke up my headache was still there, but I'm still hopeful that maybe the anti-inflammatories will work, I'll give it we a week, then I'll go back to the clinic.

I thought that maybe if I slept a bit more the headache would go away, but I was wrong, I skipped Physics, and still had a headache. Biochem was quite boring as usual and then I spent the afternoon doing physics and checking my email every 5 seconds, because I was supposed to hear back about whether or not I got the Job, I didn't get a reply by 3 so I had to goto my microlab which was soo long, but while there I was able to check my email, thanks to my phone, and I received an email before 4 saying that I had gotten the job so yay me.

I rushed the last but of the microlab so I would have enough time to eat before starting work at 6, and I go down to the lobby and there are two people with Sarah and I was confused because I thought there was only two positions. Then Sarah starts talking about how she hoped that one of us would be willing to be the mascot for a few days, and as she says this she looks at me, the other two people, Fernando and Emma look terrified, especially when I share mt mascot experience with them. But me being me I agree to do it for the four days. This is why you never say never, I said I would never be the mascot again, and then I end up being the mascot. I sometimes hare Karma, but I hope I have a better experience this time. I do get paid two more dollars than Fernando and Emma, which brings me up to a soild 12 an hour, yay.

Tonight we were promoting the basketball games in Rez by going door to door, today we did neyoh, tomorrow we do keyoh, and then Friday is the game and the following friday is another game. I basically wandered the halls for about an hour and 45 minutes in the costume and it was a bit rough, but I lived, and that means one day down, 3 more to go. and I only worked for 2.5 hours but its better than nothing, I don't know how long we will work for tomorrow, but the fridays should be between 4 and 5 hours, especially if I take my time getting in and out of the costume.


I'm hoping that my past mascot experience will be useful and that I wont almost pass out this time. I guess another plus is that I sweat alot as the mascot, maybe I'll lose weight, lol or it will just be water weight and I will gain it back in like 30minutes of drinking fluids. I must remember to stay hydrated or this will not go well.

I did not accomplish too much today, I think I finished my Physics assignment and I finished my online lab assessment for invert, but I still have to submit it.
I'm hoping to get to be early especially since I have a lab tomorrow at 8 am that I should probably be well rested for.


Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment