Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am not a fan of group work

So this morning I was up at 6:45 to get ready for the long day ahead of me.

My plant Society and environment lab went well. Our sunflowers are growing, but they also have a pest problem which is unfortunate, but it is something we will have to deal with. We finished all our measurements and such in 2 hours and got out of the lab early which was kind of nice, it gave us time to study for the evolutionary bio quiz that was at 11:30

The quiz went ok, I was done in 15 minutes and I'm expecting around 20/24, which wouldnt be too shabby. Finishing class that early threw me off a bit though because I finished all the stuff I had brought with me in the time I would have normally still been in evolution and then I had another hour to kill before my animal behaviour class. I ended up getting some tea and just wandering around for awhile.

Animal behaviour went ok, and after that I had my limnology lab where we go our second assignment given to us which is a group paper, and I hate group work, I guess in a way I got lucky that I just have a partner and not a full group. We also got our first assignments back and I got 19/20 so I'm happy, though I lost marks for silly things. We spent the entire lab taking measurements of the surface area of lake using a planimeter which took so long we ended up having to share data in order to get all the measurements we needed, which is okay I guess, but I hope the other people measured properly. So now I have another paper that I have to work on and yet another group I have to collaborate with, oh yay.

After my lab I came back to rez and had tacos for dinner which was the best part of my evening. After that I checked my email and I had received one more persons animal behaviour section, which was good, but even now at almost 11pm, I have still not received the last girls info and this is why I hate groups, i'm supposed to edit together the info for our meeting tomorrow, which i cant do if I dont have all the info, It is frustrating, especially since I didnt want this girl in our group and now she is causing problems and this is only the first part of the project, I wonder what else will happen over the course of the semester.

After editing what I could for animal behaviour and entering Plant Society and environment measurements into excel, i worked a bit on my eco analyses assignment and on he limnology assignment that we were given today and excel has already started to frustrate me, and I have a lot more of working on excel to do this semester, I hope we start to get along (excel and I)

After much homework doing, I had Rez Council and we decided on alot of things, the big thing being the theme for semi formal, and it got down to two choices, memes or SciFi and SciFi won, I am not super thrilled on this, I feel like it may deter some people from wanting to go to semi formal as they may have a biased opinion about SciFi though this could be prevented if we come up with a good title for it, we will be deciding on a title next week.

Anyways now I am tired, frustrated and hating group projects, I can feel a headache building and part of me wants to stay up and get shit done and the other part of me wants to go to bed and stay there forever, I wonder which one I will end up doing...

I think you can guess...

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment