Sunday, September 4, 2011

A New School Year, A New Start

So Today I'm going to call the First Official day of my Third Year.

I took an online course this summer, and then I took a 10 day Field course in Terrace at the end of August and that Was really Awesome. I spent a weekend with Erica in Kitimat before the course which was super duper awesome, I really miss that Girl.
The field course went well though I did have to write a paper when I finished the course which was an added stress to my life.
I came To Residence on Wednesday August 31st and The next day Liz and I got my stuff out of storage and then later in the afternoon My mom, Brother, Kari and Kristy all came up with all of my stuff from home and they helped me move it in, but I felt bad because I was really stressed and therefore in a not so happy mood. So I am sorry. They stayed till Saturday morning and got me settled, and I really appreciated them being there, and I miss them as they left yesterday morning.


The reason today is the start day for my blog this year is because Today was the official move in Day for Rez and it was a crazy day, I have been up since 7, helping people move in, trying to sell rez wear rather unsuccessfully, and just greeting people. Today Liz and I also met out First Year Roommate Jenina from Maple Ridge and she's short like we are, I'm actually the tallest person in our room right now which isn't saying much. Our other roommate is yet to be seen, but I know her name is Amy and that she is from the sunshine coast. Which is crazy because it's 4 lower mainland kids in one room. Though I do kind of hope she doesn't show, not that I have anything against her, it's just it's so much better in terms of space with only 3 people. But you will be kept posted. Maybe she'll be moving in tomorrow.

After helping with move in, I made dinner and socialized with Jenina and Liz before heading to the floor meeting at 7, which was the usual stuff, no excessive drinking, or violence, safe sex etc. It was the same old same old stuff.

After the meeting Jenina left and Liz and I went to an Art Attack event though I did get sidetracked by the left over food from the parent welcome, which was delicious btw. Eventually I made it to my destination and I found out that we were making Dream catchers and lets just say that mine will catch abstract dreams. I made it for Dan. :)

Then Katie and Liz and many others went to Wendy's a brought back Frosty's which we delicious.

On a side note: There so far has been no contact with Kallie, I've seen her. but she hasn't said a word to me, which is surprising as she tried to keep contact over the summer, we'll wait and see how things work out.

I'm now getting ready for bed as I have another early morning tomorrow. I'm doing campus tours at 9am.

On a very Happy Note: Today is mine and Dan's one year anniversary, amazingly we haven't killed each other yet. <3 You!


Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment