Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Is why I'm called ducky...

so Today was a busy random and in many ways a rather hilarious day.
It started out with Erica and Katie and I Going to the mall to gt stuff for halloween and we had to wait a while for a bus so we went into starbucks and got some delicious drinks and went to the bus stop, only to be told that we couldn't take our drinks on the bus even though two days earlier Erica had brought a drink on to the bus, we had to throw them out which sucked because we were no where near done with them...

and so the adventure continues.....

We finally arrive at the mall and almost get lost in sears trying to figure out how to get into the mall, at last we make it in and we goto a few places and we see things we wish we could afford and then we goto maraposa to find cheap stuff for our halloween costumes, I got a black dress and black flats for like 16 bucks and Erica got two cute dresses for 20 and Katie bought a really sweet and bright shirt for like 8, we're all about the good deals, we also picked up some cheetah tights for Kallie, and we went to the dollar store and found golden leaves for Katie to wear aroung her head for her goddess costume, then we kill some time before the bus comes to take us to value village....

and so the adventure continues....

We get to value village and it's busy and kinda picked over, But I pick up some yarn a knitting needles, because I'm so cool that I decided that i wanna knit. Also Erica and Emily wanna learn how so i can teach them:) Erica found a cheap black t-shirt to use to make strips on her yellow dress for her bumble bee costume, and then we had to kill time in value village waiting for a bus, but we got bored with that and wandered across the street to 2nd cup and Erica and I had Carrot Cake which was alright and Katie had a peanut butter bar thingy, which apparently was also good. Then we finally caught the bus back up to the Uni, and then we had been invited to watch Erica's friend Jessie do a pole dancing performance and we had to look up the address and find out when we had to leave.......

and so the adventure continues.....

When walking down the hall we stop by at Aman, Kallie and Leslies place to not only invite them to the pole dancing thing, but to so invited them over to dinner on tuesday for what I am calling Italian night, they agree to both, except Aman who couldn't go to the pole dancing, which is sad, oh we also invited Katie over to dinner on tuesday and she's bringing dessert so I'm stoked. Anyways we located where the pole dancing thing was taking place and I figured out how to get there by bus and we had to leave at 6:08 which was less than and hour, so I ran across the hall to let the girls know and then we ate a quick dinner and were off to the bus stop......

and so the adventure continues...

We took the 15 down to the bottom of the hill and went to the stop where I thought the 5 would come and we sat there and waited for like half an hour just talking and laughing about randomness. Then after a long while of waiting in the cold we see the bus at the intersection, it's stopped at a red light so we stand all ready to get on the bus, but It's blinker is on, and it's turning down 15th ave, and we;re all like, what it;s not supposed to do that, is it doing that and rather than running towards the bus we all kind of stood there in disbelief as we watched the bus we had waited for turn down the street and disappear...... and rather than waiting for another bus which would of been an hour later and we would of missed the show, we called a cab, and we waited for the cab for over 10 minutes and finally we were in the cab and on our way to art space (the location of the pole performance)........

and so the adventure continues......

a $15 cab ride later, we arrive to a very sketchy looking area in PG, kinda reminded me of some areas in Downtown Vancouver, where you just wouldn't wanna be at night. Anyways we wander up the stair to the place and we're late, it's after 7, but there is like no one there and we kinda awkwardly walk in and this girl greets us and Erica asks if there's admission and the woman responds with saying that it's $15 to get in and we were umm shocked, we told her that we didn;t have that much cash and she told us that there was a bank about a block down the street, so we left and decided that we didn't have that much money to spend on something like that so Erica went back and left a message for her friend Jessie saying that we all had no money and therefore we couldn't see it, So all of that we have done nothing, and now we go on a quest to find the bus stop we need to wait at.......

and so the adventure continues.....

we find the stop, luckily it was just down the street on the opposite side and we figure out that we have like 20minutes to kill so Kallie pulls out the camera and the photos begin and we got some"good ones" then Kallie notices this big statueesk thing that said "The Gathering Place" and we decided to climb it and take pictures, we rotated who was taking pictures and it was alot of fun minus the cold and the sketchy area of town we were in, and then after some more failed serious pictures later the bus shows up and we were on our way back, slowly but surely.......

and so the adventure continues.....

So we're sitting on the bus discussing how ridiculous this night was going and then we stopped at a stop for like 10 minutes, just sitting there, us 5 girls and this other guy and we waited and deicided to take bus pictures, because who doesn't love bus pictures, we were on the bus for quite sometime and then we go off, a little too early and as we were walking to the bottom of the hill the bus we need to catch to go up to the university is right behind us so we start booking ut across the road......

and so the adventure continues.....

We're running and I thought I had my keys/ bus pass in my pocket, and as we're running I hear something drop and I reach into my pocket and into my purse and they're not there, I shout to Kallie, Katie, Erica and Leslie that I think I dropped my keys and I'm looking and panicing as the bus is waiting and I don;t see them, I'm looking on the ground and in my bag and suddenly the light bulb goes off, when I was on the other bus I placed my keys in the front pocket of my purse I open it up and there they are and I run up to the bus, and thank the driver for waiting and then I sit down and they ask me where my keys were and I told them that I hadn't dropped them, I had just forgot where I had put them, and we all burst out laughing as I try and explain how I heard something drop and then I couldn't find my keys so I just assumes and we could not stop laughing, the entire way up the hill we were laughing at our night and all the things that had gone wrong and I decided to wear my keys around my neck as a metal of shame.... and they hung there in shame as we got of the bus and I thanked the driver wholeheartedly and we made the trek up to the dorms from the bus stop.....

and so the adventure continues....

We get up to the dorms and decide to goto Kallie and Leslies room and we sit there and chill, and we talked about our grads and random stuff like that and then we wanted to try and get people together to play taboo, but everyone was going out to various parties so the 5 of us played and like only Kallie knew how to play, but we picked it up pretty fast and it was fun and Kallie, Katie and I kicked but :D Then it was getting late and were getting Tired and Emily showed up to show us her grandmothers hat which was cool, but then Emily and Erica and I went back to our room because we were all tired......

and yes, the adventure continued.....

we get back to our room and Erica and I decide to order pizza, which was awesome, and while we were waiting I was knitting and Erica was sewing her Halloween costume and we took a pizza break and we were listening to hard core dance music, I restrained myself from finishing my half of the pizza and I went back to knitting and Erica went back to her costume which was looking really cute, but was also time consuming, I'm so glad that mind is just all black and simple and easy :) But her's is going to be adorable, we worked on our craftyness making jokes about how i should knit in all my lectures and stuff like that and then the three of us admired Erica's cuteness in her unfinished costume and I was trying on my flats, that aren;t not quite the right size....

And that's why they Call me Ducky.....

And so we all went off to bed.......

Night!

.....wait..... the adventure continued

There was a knock at our door at 1 am, a very persistent knock, I go answer and it is Keith, one of the RA's and he asks for Emily so I went and got here and then we found out that he wanted her to goto the Rum Jungle, but she says that he was probably asking on behalf of this other guy named steve, but either way it was late, shes under age and we had gone to bed, so that was a no go

and so the adventure ended
or so I thought until there were more knocks at the door, this time at 1:30am and two guys are standing there named Kyle and Grant and they were asking for sugar, so emily gave them sugar and they still didn't go away, they stood there talking and asking to come in and asking to hang out and they were being loud and knocked on the door across the hall and probably wok like our entire floor up, the rambled on drunkenly for awhile until Finally I told them that they should go before security came because we would get in trouble, and we closed and locked the door, and they continued down the hall making noise and knocking on doors until finally they were let into a room, the room they ended up in was Jill's friends room....

and now the adventure has ended...

night!

2 comments:

  1. AHAHA that was an epic day for sure :) good times at the GATHERING PLACE and you supposedly dropping your keys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defs good times,
    we should gather at the gathering place again :)

    ReplyDelete