Monday, January 28, 2013

I'll just pretend I'm not still kind of sick...and I'll see what happens

So today I had made the decision that I am going to act like I'm feeling 100%, so this morning I woke up at 8, and dragged myself over to the gym for 9 to go to groove with Elaine, and Elaine has also now got Karlee into going which is good. I survived Groove, I didnt die, I managed all the moves okay, thought it was quite exhausting. After Groove I had a meeting with Erin and Russ in the lab to discuss nest progress, and I basically found out that I need to try to get 120 nests done by March which works out to be 30 a week, so I'm a bit panicked It's a lot of time I am going to have to invest and its a bit intimidating After that I had to leave the to go edit my finding proposal for conservation bio, I edited it and read it over and then I printed it, so it's all done and ready to be handed in tomorrow in the tutorial. After that I had lunch and then at 1 pm I met Fabris in the Mailroom so we could get people to sign up to donate blood :) we only sat for a hour because it was really cold and while I was sitting there I got an email saying that I had been selected for a interview and knowledge test for the job that I had applied for with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, the only bad part was that it was supposed to occur in BUrnaby next week, so I panicked a bit and emailed back explaining that I was in PG, and I asked if there was a way I could avoid having to go all the way down to burnaby and then it was a waiting game. At 2ish Erica and I had a phone date and it was really nice to talk to someone who I can really vent too, and she needed to vet too, so it worked out well and we were able to catch up on each others lives, I miss that kid. After my chat with Erica I checked my email and they had gotten back to be about the interview and they arranged to have me do it on Tuesday of next week at their Prince George office which is awesome. It's a hour long interview followed by a two hour knowledge test and I am a bit curious as to what the test will be on. I hope it goes well. Fabris is going to lend me some dressy business type clothes to wear for the interview since I don't have clothes that make me look like an adult :S I need to get some interview appropriate outfits. Danny offered to help me shop when I am home, since he is the dressing up expert haha. I think I look funny in business clothes,I look out of place. I belong in casual clothes, but I guess there are times in life when casual doesnt quite work. I killed time and then had an early dinner Called my dad to tell him about the interview, and then I was off to the lab as I am now feeling the pressure. I was in the lab for 3 hours, and complete 6 nests, which means I need to do 24 more this week :S It's going to take some serious time commitment I went back to res for a quick break before or RLT meeting and it was a quick meeting and now I can go to bed, YAY Tomorrow should be a busy day Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment