Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And the snow falls...

Today was my first day of classes and it started bright and early at 8:30 My first class was biological anthropology, and it seems like it will be an easy class. The marks are all based on 2 midterms and one final. Biological Anthropology was followed by my women and the environment class, and it seems different. Lots of thinking and discussing, no midterms and a take home final. And based on today's lecture it seems like a women in history class, but I'll see how it goes. After that class I had a one hour break. I went back to res, and sorted out the plane ticket thing for reading break, and I am now going home on the 16th, since Susan is taking my shift on the 19th, which means I get to be home 9 days instead of 5, which will be nice. After changing my flight, I went down to the school to pick up a package containing my tropical ecology text, and then I went to my Conservation Bio class early, since I was told that it fills up fast. My conservation Biology lecture was okay, it seemed to be straight forward. After the class I had two hours to kill before my tutorial. I decided to have lunch and copy my money management poster series. The tutorial was ok, but I wish it was one hour instead of two. In the tutorial we learned about our major assignment that we will be doing throughout the course and we formed groups and picked species. I ended up in a group with Ciera and Mike and we picked Asian Elephants. After that we discussed the 3 papers that we had to read and summarize and it went better than expected. After the tutorial, I was done for the day. I came back to res to make dinner. I made salad and potato wedges, both of which were delicious. After dinner I watched the first episode of misfits with Katie, and it made me want to continue where I left off over Christmas break, but I told derek that we could watch them together so I am holding out watching any more episodes, other than ones I have already seen. Then I decided that I should tidy up my room and write down all my due dates and such on my calendar, and i successfully made my room tidy and then I took a shower, and I am now cleaned and relaxed. I plan on going to bed early, I have been wondering if my sudden influx of headaches is due to the fact that my sleep schedule has been so messed up lately. I'll be off to bed at 9:30 Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment