Thursday, March 15, 2012

A bit more self control

This morning I was up before my alarm which sucked considering how late I went to bed last night.
Stupid Hunger Games and it being addicting, I couldn't put it down and I spent just under 6 hours reading the first book yesterday, I wouldn't have been up so late if I didnt have to take a 1.5 hour break to go to Rez Council.

Anyways, I had to be down in the mailroom at 10 today for rez council voting, and I was. I sat there for an hour, and tried to read and summarize a paper for evolution next week, and it was kind successful, I read it and summarized some parts of it, but to be honest I don't like the paper.

At 11 I headed down to the school for what was a rather awkward eco analyses class, someone ended up leaving the class in tears....it was a tad awkward for everyone, but I feel like march is just a time for people to be on edge, the end of the semester approaches and stress levels just get higher and higher.
Plant, Society and Environment was alright except the lecture ran a little long and I was worried that I would be late to my group meeting, but I was the second person there.

I think part of the reason i feel so stressed and shitty is because of group projects, specifically my animal behaviour project. I feel like we accomplish nothing when we meet and that things could be so much better and more efficient, but frankly i dont have the time or the energy to make that happen and also I worry that if i tried, the other people in my group wouldnt and it would end up being a waste of my time.

After the group meeting it was back to the mailroom until 4, in that time I was productive, worked on some projects, sent out emails etc. it was surely not a waste of my time. However after that I was not productive, I lack motivation and ended up watching tv, having dinner and then getting the second hunger games book from katie and spent my evening reading that, luckily it is not as engaging so I can get to bed a decent time.

I think part of the reason I got so engulfed in the hunger games is that it felt like an escape, a little break from reality where I could just relax and get caught up in someone else's story rather than dealing with me own, but sadly that can only go on so long, and I can't avoid facing reality, though sometimes I wish I could, just be one of those spaced out people that is in their own world, completely content....


Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment