Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sept. 6th 2009 - Day 2 UNBC

So it is day two in the dorms for and I am now actually alone, my dad left to go back home this afternoon. And so far I have done quite a few things. Such as:
~ getting my first University ID (pretty picture :S )
~ moving in my stuff and attempting to make my tiny room like home
~ Buying a crap load of food in bulk while my daddy was still here.
~ Trying to organize my stuff so it is separate from my roommates (In a small space)
~ trying to access internet in the dorms
~ attending my first floor meeting (sept 5th 2009)
~~BTW my floor is the blue warheads so be jealous.
~ signing up to be a floor rep.
~ attending a student orientation
~ Participating in African drumming, because that's how they orientate people at UNBC
~ Purchasing my first semesters worth of books
~ 10 books = $860.15 = a hell of a lot of weight
~ Saying goodbye to my dad for 4ish months
~ meeting 2 of my 3 (i assume there will be one more ) Roommates
~ and I have started feeling homesick :(


So Far so good I guess. Though I do feel like a loner, the only people who I have had conversations with are my two roommates and some random event coordinators and the Orientation, but I guess I'll be more social when class starts. I am unsure as to what I will do tomorrow, because I don't know what's open on campus and buses don't run on the holidays :(
But I am looking forward to a movie night thing tomorrow when I will see monty python and the quest for the holy grail :D

P.S. I'm kinda writing this for anyone who may care what I'm up to, but also for myself just to keep track of stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Awe well i hope you have a GREAT SEMESTER :D Cant Wait to see you in DEC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you would read my blog :)
    Though i don't know how often I'll use it.
    And I'm stoked to see you in december
    *hug*

    Haha my AIM is weird, but you obvs know who it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently how Often I use this blog is everyday when I'm at school.

    ReplyDelete