Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The rain makes me feel more at home.

Today was the day with 4 lectures and starting next week I will have a lab today as well (fun times). English was ok, but it will be weird to call my professor Jeremy rather than professor (whatever his last name was) The class is small and my roommate Erica is in the class with me. I also sat next to a girl named Lindsay(i think) who also seemed nice but it is difficult t have a conversation with someone while in class. Following English I get an hour break, in which I returned to my dorm and I also went to the book store to buy more random stuff that my classes required and I still need more. I also went to the lovely library to set up my library account and I believe I gave them the wrong extension number which I will have to go and fix tomorrow.

Following my break I had my chemistry lecture and my Chem teacher (professor Whitcomb) remind me a lot of my Old English teacher Mr. Wyatt. They have a similar build and a similar sense of humour and the both also have a strange hatred towards the computer programs that the schools have decided to use. In chem I sat next to a girl named Emily which coincidentally is the name of one of my roommates.

Right after Chem, I have math with Jennifer Hydman, who is a small rather fragile looking woman who seems terribly nice. I also found out that calculators are not allowed in the class or on any of the exams, which I found to be rather odd, but she wants us to get a better understanding of math rather than just relying on a calculator. She also seems a little scatter brained and we got out of the class late, which is not good for me because the Bio class that I have after math is on the other side of Campus and I only have 10 minutes to get there as is.

I managed to get to my Bio class on time and I sat next to someone who I didn't get the name of because I didnt really have time too. The class had a few random presentations that occurred before the introductory lecture did and the lecture wasn't bad it was just a going over of the syllabus and explaining random things about Bio 101.

Following Biology it was yet another trip to the bookstore only to discover that the book I needed wasn't there and also I found out that I have the wrong edition of my Physics text and that they right edition will be in early next week and they better let me exchange it or I will be pissed considering it is $145 book. In all my frustration I also forget to pick up something called a clicker which is basically how I get a participation mark in Biology and I believe chemistry as well. It's basically and electronic way of answering multiple choice type questions in class, simply by pushing a button

I am also starting t discover a few things about UNBC and Prince George.
1. the air is really dry
2. the bus system sucks
3. It's windy and cold
I am also starting to realize that meeting people and making friends is not as easy as some people think and that I may have to work harder If i want a social life, but when I look at my calendar, I don't know if I'll have time for a social life.


Missing Poco.

No comments:

Post a Comment