Saturday, February 4, 2012

Struggling to stay awake

I did not have a good nights sleep last night, it was late and I was in a foul mood and it resulted in a poor sleep. It was also a short sleep.

I was up at 730, and had a big breakfast and packed up all my stuff to go on the lake field trip for limnology. I went down to the school for 9 and my group prepped all the stuff we would need out on the lake.

We left at 1030 and got to the lake at 11 and it was a long difficult walk out to the middle of The lake as it was in about a foot of snow and it was a long distance.

Once in Ye middle of the lake we got to work, the holes in the ice were pre drilled for us which was nice and we had to take a buch of measurements, I think the craziest one was the ice measurements, there was over 50cm of ice. We finished our measurements in just over and hour and then we has to wait for the other groups to catch up before we could do the sediment grab from the bottom, after that we packed up, filled in the hole and started the long walk back.
I had been worried about getting cold but Getting too warm was the real problem, all the walking and it was sunny, by the time I got back to the bus I was sweating and all I wanted to do was get my layers off and then after that all I wanted to do was sleep.
Sadly sleep was not in my future, we had to do some stuff in the lab once we got back and I didn't get back to rez until just after 3, which was way earlier than I was expecting.

Once I was back I had to call my boss to see if I can get a few hours when I'm home in two weeks so I don't get booted off the pay roll and he is going to try and work something out.
After that I called my mom to tell her about my day and then I Skyped with Dan for a bit, but then I was cold and tired and decided to go watch a movie and bundle up on the couch and I haven't done much else since, I ate a bit, watched multiple movies as I'm going to bed really soon.

I'm so tired, I could have gone to bed at 7, but I don't want to mess up my sleep cycle too much so at 9 I'll go to bed so I can be well rested for tomorrow as I have to get up early once again.
Tomorrow will be a full day, I have to do feeder observations in the morning, and I have to finish some assignments, start studying, go to the gym and umm I think some other things that I am too tired to think of.

I can't wait to go to bed.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment