Monday, February 13, 2012

Just keep moving forward

This morning I was up at 6:45, after a not nice sleep, I couldnt fall asleep last night, and it has affected my day.

I went to my lab at 8am, and it was another short one, I was done in about an hour, which was nice as it gave me time to study for my evolutionary midterm, which i did for just under two hours before class. I had 3 classes today:
Evolutionary Bio Was Quick as usual
Limnology, though it is only 50 min like evolutionary seemed to go on forever and it has a habit of doing that.
Animal Bahaviour I could have skipped as we were just watching David Attenbourough (Spelling?) films, which were interesting but I am unsure if that was the best use of time.

After class I went back to Rez. had a snack and at 3 Jenina and I went to the gym, I didnt work myself super hard because of what happened to my legs on Saturday, I did the next level of my running walking thing, which is walk 7, run 3 and I survived, after that I walked a bit more and then stretched and when I got back, my legs didnt look worse, which is a good thing. I got back and started working on my limnology assignment for a bit and then I kind of gave up on it and went to go study and ended up making a multi-course dinner, I am rocking the procrastination, after dinner, I showered and then started actually studying.

I studied until 7:45 when I had my Rez Council Exec meeting and it was quite successful, the studying, not the meeting, the meeting was tense and kind of awkward. There was a confrontation and I didnt know how to react or what to do, I wasnt involved in it, I was just kind of there experiencing the awkward silence, and I was so glad to be out of that meeting.

After the meeting it was more studying until now, Now I am getting ready for bed as I am quite tired and I have to get up early to do my last hour of chickadee observations, it's going to feel so nice to have my 6 hours done and I wont have to worry about it over reading break, I can just worry about the other things I have to do after reading break.

On a different note, I have a shift at Rona over reading break, it's only 4 hours and its the second half of a closing shift, but it's a few extra bucks which will be nice and that way I wont be terminated from the system, I also asked my manager Steve if I could use him as a Reference on my resume, as I need more refernces. I'm also thinking more and more that I should apply for that agricultural job this summer, I can always work at Rona on the weekends and then I can make more money and get some relevant experience, while still not losing my 'spot' at Rona, I'll have to see how things play out, but after I finish writing I'm going to go look at the job posting again and prepare to apply. It's worth a shot.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment