Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday, but kind of not really

Today may be friday for most, but I have my limnology field trip tomorrow morning, so it's not really the weekend.

This morning was up at 7:30 to eat breakfast and watch the magic school bus, and that was nice, I tried to wake up Jenina to go to core fit with me, but that failed, so I ended up going by myself, which is sadly becoming a trend when I go to the gym, The class was so intense, it hurt lots, but in a good way.

After the gym it was nice and sunny out so the walk back to rez was nice. I showered and got dressed and got ready for class, I left at about 11 so I could take my time getting to class.

My classes went okay, in my Animal Behaviour class we got discuss why humans use spices, as spices are phytochemicals that in most cases are toxic, and it turns out that most spices have antimicrobial properties and they kill most of the bacteria that cause food poisoning. Onion, Garlic and All Spice, are 100% effective and preventing some of the most common bacteria that cause food poisoning, such as salmonella. It was very interesting, we also discussed how warmer places use more spices because bacteria are more prevalent due to their warm climate. Cold countries use little spice because they dont need to preserve/ protect their food from microbes because they are basically living in a fridge. It was a very interesting lecture.

After that I met up with Katie and we went on an adventure down to save on and I got my prescription filled and got some milk and a few other groceries and then we had starbucks and had a nice chat about life and such.

Once back in Rez, my room was full of life. jenina and her friends were making a penis cake and a card for their friends birthday and they put so much work into it. I made black bean burgers for dinner and they were super yummy, after that I didnt do much, I gave my expert advice on icing penis cakes. I also have been getting stuff ready fro tomorrow, I ended up borrowing Jenina's friend Ashley's snow pants, because I couldnt do Liz's up and they were short, I couldnt do ashley's up either, but they were longer.

I packed up my snacks and warm clothes and such and Im partially ready to go tomorrow.

Tomorrow I also have to phone Rona and talk to steve about working an hour when I am home in two weeks so I don't get kicked out of the system, so that should be fun.... I'm hoping it doesn't take long because it will be long distance.

I've been a little sad lately, Dan and I have not been communicating. I feel like he doesn't care, he just forgets to make an effort to communicate with me. I try and make an effort, yesterday I wrote him a long message about my day and he didnt reply until he was going to bed and he didnt even reply to my message he just said goodnight. It's getting a little frustrating and I've reached the point where I'm not going to bother putting in the effort to tell him about my day and whats going on if he isn't going to do the same, I find myself going on facebook and being disappointed that I dont have a message, I check voxer (the walkie talkie ap) and no messages and I'm kind of tired of being disappointed. Orr last skype date didnt go well, and I just don't know what to do, and I can't even really tell him how I'm feeling, life can suck sometimes.

I hope to be going to bed soon, but Rez is loud, so I think I'll have to wait until 11, when some of the noise will be dealt with and then hopefully I'll get to sleep before midnight as I have to be up early to eat a big breakfast and get ready to go out on the frozen lake for the day. I really wish I didnt have to go, I have better things to do on my saturday, like homework and studying etc, but I guess I'll have to do that all on Sunday, I have a feeling I wont want to be productive tomorrow after the field trip, I'll be cold, and probably not very happy which means lack of productivity.

I feel like I haven't written this much in my blog in awhile, I guess I just feel like I have the time.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment