Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's about time for a real entry

So, keeping a daily blog is hard when you are busy and tired and forgetful, but I have some time so I guess I will take this opportunity to give an overall catch up on things. I'll start with today and go where ever my thoughts take me So this morning I did not go to the gym as planned, Katie had spent the night at Kris' and I didn't want to go alone, so I woke up, had breakfast and watched some Tv. I had quite the chill morning. Just before 11 I went down to the school since I had volunteered to be at the Grad Fair from 11-2 for the class gift committee, and I also had to get my photo taken because I had won an award this year. I did that first, I went and wrote a thank you on a chalk board and held it in my photo, and then I had free pizza and such which was nice and I was hoping it would sustain me until dinner. After that it was back to the class gift table, and looked around at the grad photos and all the grad stuff and it really began to stress me out, but I tried to keep things under control. At 12:20 we did a mass shout out, where we all gathered on he winter garden stairs and shout various things along with various hand gestures, it was fun. Then it was back to manning the class gift table. I stayed there until 2, and after that I went off to the lab to work on my nests. I stayed there for about 3 hours and did 9 nests, and was a dirty, dusty ball after, and I was hungry. Once back in res I made dinner, and once katie left for class I called my dad, because I was feeling stressed about convocation and whether or not I want to go, but I was talking to a man who didnt go to any of his 3 university convocations and he only went to his high school one because he was the valedictorian and it would have looked bad if he didnt haha. Then I spoke with my brother Matt about it on skype, and he brought up some points that the money might not be worth it, and it could go towards other things, like my Panama trip or going to vegas or going somewhere fun, and I am leaning towards not going. I then spoke to my dad again, and suggested that I could get grad photos so I could wear the robe and such and get a picture for my mom and for my Granny and such, and that would only cost about 100$ as opposed to the hundreds it would cost me to go to convocation, and my dad could sense that I really don't want to go to convocation. I also talked to my mom about it, and she was fine with whatever decision I make. I think the thing is that I come from a family where graduating university isn't a huge deal, where as in some families people may be the first of their family to get a degree. This is not the case, I come from a family of educated people, and I think the only way I could out do them would be to get a PhD haha. Everyone at school is telling me to go to convocation, so the pressure is on, but in reality, my school friends are my school friends and my two best friends dont go to my school, so that makes me less motivated to go to my convocation, not to mention the cost associated with it. I think it might be a lot better for me to make a cold cut decision and eliminate all the stress this will cause. However, I am leaning strongly towards not going, but I have until April 5th to make my final decision and I think I should be able to figure it out by then. Now lets look at things that don;y involve graduating RA stuff: It's all going well, lots of events coming up from heart health and chili to gambling awareness, I actually feel like I have a handle on my events this semester and I actually think people will show up which will be a nice change from last semester. Health Stuff: For the most part I'm doing better, I have more energy usually, and have been less sick, but still not at 100% sadly I am still a blob, finding it hard to go to the gym and hard to eat well, I find my time is consumed with wallowing in self pity and in the lab going through nests and sadly I can't do either of those things while at the gym. I'm beginning to think I should not worry about the gym for now, and try and start over after reading break, and try to eat healthy and exercise to prep myself for when I go to Panama Panama stuff: Very excited, I have my presentation to give the friday after reading break, but I am not too worried about it Other Classes: Conservation Biology - The TA is a super HARSH marker, I got my proposal back and only got 73% and i thought I had done well, but now I know so hopefully I will be able to do better on the assignments that are worth more. Women and the Environment - Such a silly class, the assignment descriptions are vague and it makes getting things done in that class difficult. I am in a group of two for all the group stuff and we are focusing on women in conservation, which is interesting, and we want to focus on the motivations behind women in conservation Biological Anthropology - Umm well we got our midterms back yesterday, but I missed class because of my interview so I will probably get it back tomorrow, other than that, not much I can say about that class Other aspects of life: I'm still feeling rather lonely, Katie leave a lot to go hang out with Kris and when she doesnt see him for a day or two she talks about how much she misses him, and she is leaving me this upcoming long weekend to go to vanderhoof so hopefully I can find things to occupy my time so I feel less lonely. I am trying to take time to myself and to take time to hang out with people, but it's hard. I feel like I barely see Elaine this semester because we only have on class together as opposed to 3, and I am not at the school very often, and I'm lazy so I dont go to the gym with her very often. This weekend we are supposed to do something, but we don't know what or when because we have to study for our conservation midterm, and other type things. I need more friends. Anyways I think I want to shower before I go to bed, because I smell like an old library because of all the dust from the nests Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment